Jackson Hole, Wyoming, a lush valley in the Rocky Mountains, provides an ideal vacation destination for adventure lovers, outdoor enthusiasts and families alike. See what this breathtaking valley has to offer.
Explore Awe-Inspiring National Parks
When most travelers think of Jackson Hole, they think immediately of the impressive Grand Tetons, towering over the valley. Indeed, Grand Teton National Park is a must-visit for vacationers to the area, but it’s not the only park nearby. The closest park to Downtown Jackson, National Elk Refuge, provides the opportunity to explore the home of more than 10,000 elk. Just northeast of Grand Teton National Park, Bridger-Teton National Forest provides exception opportunities for wildlife viewing and exploring. The forest is also home to the popular Granite Hot Springs. And Yellowstone National Park is just over an hour’s drive from Jackson, WY.
Hit The Slopes During Ski Season
Whether you prefer downhill or cross-country, Jackson Hole, Wyoming is a great destination for novice and experienced skiers alike. Ski enthusiasts will want to visit one of the top three resorts, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Snow King Resort, or Grand Targhee Resort.
10 Things You Must Do in Jackson Hole
1. Ride the Tram at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort and treat yourself to waffles at the summit.
2. Stroll through Downtown Jackson and browse the art galleries.
3. Listen to the summer concerts of the Grand Teton Music Festival.
4. Take a sleigh ride in National Elk Refuge.
5. Soak in the Granite Hot Springs swimming pool (you can arrive via dog sled or snow mobile).
6. Go on a snowshoe or horseback riding tour.
7. Take a scenic drive along the Yellowstone-Grand Teton Loop.
8. Paraglide over Jackson Hole.
9. Hit the water and go kayaking, rafting or fly fishing.
10. Play disc golf with family and friends in Teton Village.
No matter what you’re interested in, Jackson Hole, Wyoming is a stunning and memorable destination to check off your travel bucketlist.